So, I spent hours and hours (read days) obsessing over my wedding and reception make-up. Here's the look I did for the reception. I absolutely loved it as it was not over the top, didn't use the usual golds and burgundies, and was make-up I felt was subtly dramatic.
- Le Blanc de Chanel used as primer
- Chanel Teint Innocence in Wheat
- Chanel Correcteur Perfection concealor in Beige Santal
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in #3 to highlight subtly
- MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow
- MAC Brun eyeshadow
- Black Radiance Continuous Creme liner in Classic Black
- CoverGirl Lashblash Waterproof Mascara
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Anastasia brow pencil in Brunette
- Ardell #117 false lashes
- Duo Lash Glue
- Physician's Formula Bronze Booster in Medium to Dark
- Chanel Mocha blush
- Chanel Orientale lipstick
- Clinique Quickliner in Root Beer
- Lancome lip gloss in Sunray
- Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge
- MAC 109 brush for bronzer and blush
- MAC 214 brush
- MAC 217 brush
- MAC 239 brush
- Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush
Prime your face with the Le Blanc de Chanel face primer. Then, apply Chanel Teint Innocence with a damp Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge.
Dot Chanel Correcteur Perfection concealor where you need it, e.g. undereyes, and blend with the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge.
Prime lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
Apply MAC Satin Taupe over the lid with the MAC 239 brush and bring it slightly above the crease.
Define your crease with MAC Brun using the MAC 217 brush. Bring the shadow above the crease so that it's a bit more dramatic. With the MAC 214 brush, apply Brun close to the top and bottom lash lines to define the eyes.
Line your eyes with the Black Radiance creme liner with the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. Start at the very inner corner and only when you are halfway across should you start making the liner thicker. Extend the eyeliner so that you get a slight wing. Liner your lower waterline.
Apply the Ardell false lashes with Duo lash glue.
Enhance your brows with the Anastasia brow pencil. Your eyes are almost complete.
Apply Physician's Formula Bronze Booster slightly under your cheekbones with the MAC 109 brush so that you define them.
Apply Chanel Mocha blush with the MAC 109 brush on the apple of the cheek and blend into the bronzer. There is no need to take the blush all the way to the temple. Just focus it primarily on the apple of the cheek so that you get a pop of colour.
Apply YSL Touche Eclat on your brow bone, across the top of your brows, on the bridge of your nose, on your cupid's bow, and right above the apple of the cheek. Blend the Touche Eclat so that your face is subtly highlighted.
Line lips with Clinique Root Beer lip liner. Fill in lips with Chanel Orientale lipstick and finish with a dab of Lancome Sunray lipgloss.
Your lashes will have properly adhered to yoru lids by now, so now is the time to blend them in by applying the CoverGirl Lash Blast waterproof mascara (carefully) to your top and bottom lashes.