I started to take off the make-up from the founation tutorial when I decided to do a very spring-y, colourful look. I took off a bit of the make-up I already had from the foundation tutorial so forgive the angry blemish. Also, my eyebrows desperately need grooming but I'm too lazy to get them done or to tidy them up for now. Feel free to substitute any of the products I used for similar colours from other brands.
I find this look very wearable and not very dramatic. Let me know what you think.
- Nixie Natural Finish Founation/Oil Free
- Besame translucent powder
- Benefit Moon Beam
- Revlon Colorstay kohl pencil in black
- Revlon Skinlights Illuminating Wand in Medium Touch. I adore this concealor an hate Revlon for discontinuing it.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion. This is one of my favourite primers.
- Nixie Mineral Eye Shadow in Nixie.
- Urban Decay Secret Service. This is a matte medium brown for the crease.
- LORAC Moonstone to highlight on the browbone. This is a shimmery champagne.
- Bobbi Brown blush in Spice. This is a cinnamon/amber shade.
- Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Flash. This is a sheer tangerine that is not scary.
- Maybelline XXL mascara
- MAC 239 brush to apply shadow on the lid
- MAC 222 brush to apply the crease shade and blend it out. I also used it to apply shadow the brow bone
- MAC 187 brush to apply foundation
- MAC 242 brush to apply concealor
- Scott Barnes angled blush brush to apply, hold your breath, blush
- Scott Barnes flatliner brush to apply shadow on the lower lash line
- MAC 129 brush to apply powder. Alternatively, you can use this for blush.
Apply foundation, concealor, powder, and if you want highlighter. See the foundation tutorial if necessary.
Tap the Primer Potion on your lids.
Apply Nixie very sheerly on the lid. I didn't want to pack on the colour and kept it soft and fresh.
Apply Secret Service in the crease and blend into the Nixie and into the brow bone.
Apply Moonstone on the brow bone and blend into the crease.
Rim the entire bottom lash line with Nixie. Line the outer fourth of the lower lash line with Secret Service. Blend the to colours.
Make a thin line with the black kohl pencil starting from the inner edge of the pupil to the outer corner of the eye. Do not extend the line any further. Apply the kohl pencil lightly on the outer third of the lower lash line.
Curl lashes if necessary and apply mascara on top and bottom lashes.
Apply blush on the apply of the cheek and follow through to the temple (refer to the blush tutorial if needed).
Apply Pixel to finish the look. I applied it fairly sheerly because I didn't want to overwhelm the look.