I decided to put up an entire face tutorial/look. Don't ask me how I gathered the courage to put my pic here, but since many liked this rather simple look that I did, I took the plunge. Please link to the page rather than copy the image (I will take down the pic if this turns out to be a fiasco).
This tutorial is rather basic except the liner might need a bit more deftness than usual. Overall, it's a fairly easy look that's a bit on the dramatic side. I am using this as a testing ground to see whether full face looks/tutorials will be helpful or not. Let me know what you think.
- Yves Saint Laurent Complexion Enhancer #5. This isn't a foundation or a tinted moisturizer so it doesn't provide coverage. It does diffuse the light and gives me a polished and soft glow. Feel free to use the tinted moisturizer or any kind of complexion enhancer of your choice.
- Besame Translucent Powder. Any good translucent powder will do.
- MAC Cafe Matte lipstick.
- NARS Turkish Red cream blush
- Urban Decay Primer Potion. Feel free to use your favourite primer as Primer Potion can be a bit difficult to blend with.
- Tarte Here's Looking at You eye shadow on the lid
- MAC Mulch eye shadow in the crease
- MAC Blacktrack fluidline
- Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara
- Benefit High Beam to highlight
- MAC 188 stipling brush to put on the complexion enhancer and translucent powder
- MAC 239 for application of the shadow on the lid
- MAC 217 for blending in the crease shade
- Windsor and Newton angeled brush for applying the fluidline
Apply the complexion enhancer with MAC 188 by stipling it on first and then using small circular motions to buff it into your skin.
Apply a thin layer of translucent powder with the MAC 188.
Prep your lids with Primer Potion and let it dry. If you find blending very hard with this primer, I suggest applying some translucent powder over it so that it is easier to blend different shadows.
Apply Tarte Here's Looking at You on the lid with the MAC 239.
Define the crease and the outer corner of the eyelid with MAC Mulch eye shadow. I used benefit High beam to highlight my eyes, but if you want to add some extra oomph, blend in the shadow highlight of your choice on the browbone and into the crease.
Line your eyes with Blacktrack along the lower and upper lashline. Make the line on the top lid thin and starting short of the inner corner and make the line thicker as you get to the outer corner. Extend the liner slightly past the outer corners and connect the liner on the bottom lash line to the extend part of the liner (on the top lash line).
Apply a generous coating of mascara but be careful to comb out clumps with a spoolie brush.
Pat NARS Turkish Red on the apple of the cheeks and blend along the cheekbones to the temples.
Fill your lips with MAC Cafe Matte lipstick.
Dot Benefit High Beam along the top of the cheekbones, along the bridge of the nose, on the browbones, on your cupid's bow. Blend it out by patting it out and thereby making it a sheer sheen.