Gentle face mask
Although make-up is vital to my survival as a happy, fulfilled, and sane (I no longer dream that I am an Egyptian princess reincarnated thanks to the mystical powers of lipstick) human being, my first and foremost love is healthy skin. I will warn you though, my masks use natural stuff. And natural stuff can be gooey and takes getting used to the texture. Sure, the stickiness takes some getting used to, but the results are worth it.
This is my favourite face mask that I make in my kitchen.
- 1 tsp honey
- A few drops of lemon juice. Use a fresh lemon for this, and by a few drops, I mean two or three (you don’t need much).
- 3 tsp milk
- Half a cucumber sliced horizontally (you get the circular slices of cucumber)
- Mix all the ingredients except cucumber thoroughly.
- Dip your fingers into the mask. Just enough to spread onto your face, but not so much that it drips all over your arms and you become a sticky mess.
- Gently massage the mask onto your face. Don’t put any of the mask on your eyebrows or eyelashes. I like to massage my face for a good 15 minutes.
- Spread the cucumber evenly over your face. You should lie down for this as I don’t think gravity will give you the day off and not pull the cucumber slices to the ground. You can put a cucumber slice on each eye to give yourself a great cooling eye-mask.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Wash off the mask.